SeaRoad is committed to helping to safeguard and enhance the natural environment and will:
- Continually improve its business performance and conduct its operations in an environmentally responsible manner, clearly reflecting a commitment to fostering the sustainable use of resources; and
- Ensure by communication and education that SeaRoad’s environmental attitude, policies and practices are accurately perceived by the public.
- Minimising the risk of adverse environmental impact in the conduct of its operations through the SeaRoad Environmental Management System
- Identifying and managing SeaRoad’s environmental footprint and associated risks and opportunities
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and excess consumption of resources such as materials, fuel and energy
- Recycling, as opposed to disposal wherever feasible
- Enhancing the education and training of its employees in good environmental practices
- Promoting a strong environmental ethic as part of its workplace culture
- Sharing environmental experiences and solutions
- Involving and communicating with interested parties
- Emphasising proactive and preventive practices rather than corrective actions
- Regularly monitor and review environmental objectives and targets.